Monday, February 13, 2012

Palace belies CPP claim US conducted Sulu air strikes

MalacaƱang on Sunday belied reported claims by the Communist Party of the Philippines that the United States and not the Philippine military conducted the air strikes in Sulu that killed suspected top terrorist leaders earlier this month.

Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte dismissed as propaganda the reported claim of the CPP.

Propaganda lang din yan, walang katotohanan ang napaloob sa statement nila na US troops ang nag-conduct ng air attacks sa Mindanao," she said on government-run dzRB radio.

The CPP had called for an "independent investigation" into what it claimed was the involvement of American soldiers in the bombing and air raids in Parang town.

It noted the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) has claimed the target was a Jemaah Islamiyah and Abu Sayyaf stronghold but there is no independent verification yet.

“All the information has come from the AFP which has been known to issue distorted and self-serving statements. There should be an independent investigation to look into the involvement of American soldiers belonging to the Joint Special Operations Task Force-Philippines (JSOTF-P) in the planning, provision of intelligence and surveillance information, actual execution and logistical support to the military operation leading to the air raids,” said the CPP.

“Such involvement of US troops violates Philippine national sovereignty. Claims that American military troops and advisers only get involved upon the request of the Aquino administration and the AFP only makes it worse,” it added.
----------------------------------------------------------
LBG, 
GMA News Online
February 12, 2012 3:39pm
Link

No comments:

Post a Comment